Home Based Learning
If you are accessing this page, it is either:
A. There is a planned Home-Based Learning (HBL) day or period set aside for you to remain at home to complete your HBL Lessons. In this case, you should adhere to the instructions that have already been given to you prior to the start of the HBL day/ period;
B. There is a Full Home-Based Learning (FHBL), and the school has communicated with you to access this page for further instructions;
C. You are placed under Stay-Home Notice (SHN) or Leave of Absence (LOA)
1. All schools are on Full Home-Based Learning (FHBL) from 19 May 2021 until 28 May 2021
2. You have been briefed on the following on 17 May 2021:
a. Daily Check-in process via the Student Learning Space (SLS) by 10 am
b. The FHBL customized timetable with reduced number of subjects per day
c. To log-in to your account for the Student Learning Space (SLS) for your assigned lessons, or/and,
d. To check your email for specific instructions from your subject teachers
3. You should have the passwords for the following applications:
a. Student Learning Space (SLS) – To reset your password, please go to this page: https://go.gov.sg/jysls
b. JYMail - To reset your password, please go to this page: https://go.gov.sg/jymail
c. SSOE/Student ICON – To reset your password, please go to this page: https://go.gov.sg/jyssoe
4. If there are no lessons assigned in SLS, and there are no instructions in your email, it means that the lessons have not been uploaded, the teachers are still preparing the materials, or you have forgotten the instructions. Please log-in to SLS, or check your email again, in 2 hours’ time.
5. We expect you to follow the instructions provided in the SLS assigned lessons, or in the email by your subject teachers. These instructions may include, but not limited, to the following
a. Deadlines for the submission of assignments;
b. The time you should spend completing the lessons;
c. Activities/ tasks you need to do using your textbooks/ workbooks/ predistributed worksheets;
d. Common times to log-on for collaborative or real-time lessons
6. If you need further clarifications, you should email your subject teachers. You can find their email addresses here: https://junyuansec.moe.edu.sg/other-information/contact-us/staffs-emails. If for some reason, you do not know who is your subject teacher, you should email the HOD for the subject for which you have a query
7. If you are a parent reading this announcement, please be assured that your child is fully prepared to take responsibility for his/her own learning. The following links provide tips on how to support your child during FHBL:
8. Share good cyber and health habits – focus on the tasks instead of surfing other sites or checking social media; take regular breaks from learning so that the mind can consolidate and sustain effort; take time to exercise and eat well; take the opportunity to bond as a family.
As this is a national effort to prevent the spread of COVID19, we hope that everyone stays home, and only leave home for essential activities.
We are confident that every Junyuanite will know what to do to continue learning even when they are not in school. If you have queries and clarifications that cannot be resolved via the above instructions, do contact the school:
Tel: 6587 3683/84
Keep well, and we will see you when you return to school!
Mr Mohamed Razali